117 N. Jefferson Street
Suite 200
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202
(414) 277-7771 phone
(414) 277-7770 fax

Phone

Retail-Office/After hours:
414-277-7771


"Benefiting people is the most powerful selling tool"
~ George Bockl — Milwaukee Real Estate Pioneer

RETAIL

Gas & Light Building

117 North Jefferson Street

This historic structure was built in 1885 as the purifying house for the Milwaukee Gas and Light Company. It housed the offices, workshop, and stables for the crews responsible for lighting and maintaining the gas street lamps throughout the city. After being occupied by the Louis Hoffman Co. until 1999, the Milwaukee Institute for Art and Design (MIAD) purchased the building for exhibit and gallery space.

In 2005 we purchased and completely renovated and updated the entire building and property. The 33,000 + square foot building houses main level commercial tenants Tulip restaurant, and DaVita Dialysis Clinic. The second level houses office space and is serviced by a lobby designed and crafted by Flux Design, including both a dramatic staircase and an elevator. The heavy-timber truss wood construction within the office suites creates unparalleled space with thirty-three feet of height from the floor to the ceiling. The mezzanine level within the office suites allows for efficient space planning and is brightened by enormous skylights. Tenants include Joseph Property Development LLC, Wellston Apartments, The Reilly-Joseph Company, Alpine Commercial, Harmeyer Law Firm, MSK Advertising and Phelan Development.